Thursday, December 10, 2009

Konad Stamping Nail Art Kit


KONAD STAMPING KIT: Product Review/Advice

Ok so I tried out the Konad Stamping kit for the first time wholeheartedly today. I've got to say it is NOT the easiest thing in the world to use. If I can figure out how to edit my videos I'll post up my tutorial.

Product: Konad Stamping Nail Art Kit
Packaging: 3 out of 5 (hard to open and chipped my nail!)
Overall: 3.8 out of 5 (for it's difficulty and success)
Price: 15.99 for the basic stamping kit
Would you buy this again: YES! It's difficult to use, but it is a one of a kind product that WORKS



Pros:


It's a novel idea that when done right can lead to amazing results. I.e. the picture above. It is much easier to use for intricate designs than actually doing this freehand, which is nearly impossible for most people. I also loved the results and the fact that with practice this actually worked.

Cons:

It is extremely time consuming and difficult to use. There are many things that can go wrong in the process. If you don't scrape it off at a 45 degree angle than you'll leave excess polish behind and if you don't stamp it immediately than you won't pick up the product. Once you pick up the product onto the stamp you need to administer it on to your nail immediately or else it will dry on to the stamp. It is a little difficult in applying also, if you don't roll it on exactly right it tends to either not come off on to the nail or come off lop sided.

Process:

First prepare your nails with base coat and your chosen base color. Than take the template and fill it in with your Konad nail polish (only one layer is necessary) and scrape off immediately at a  45 degree angle. Take your stamp and press it against the template lifting the design off the template. Apply immediately to the nail bed in a rolling motion. Let it dry completely before applying a top coat. I highly recommend using a Konad polish for the design and Konad top coat to prevent smearing. My OPI top coat smeared a little.

About wowsocool.com

They have a very organized site and it's easy to shop there. Also their prices are very reasonable and shipping was fast! I had a great experience.

My experience:

Personally even though this is difficult to use, I absolutely love it and recommend you try it at least once! It is a lot of fun and even when applied wrong you can just pass if off. You can't tell it's messed up from far away. Plus smaller less intricate designs are easier to apply.   








3 comments:

Chandani said...

I remember how hard this was. It's so tedious! But you did a gr8 job =)

Unknown said...

Looks difficult, but I miiight be willing to try it.

Unknown said...

It's Amanda btw...I totally forgot this was my user name...oh well, lol.

Related Posts with Thumbnails